Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pay per return

sl1900
Level 2

Every time that I pay to authorize a return, I now have to enter, not only my credit card number, but also my address. I don't have an option to use any payment method that is saved in my Intuit account. I am the only user and the only admin of the the software. Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

24 Comments 24
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
This new system they started had some old Cc that I didnt even recognize as well as my current card, but teh current card had my ex employers old home address with it? No clue how that got mixed in. Looks like it may still be a work in progress or something, I wouldnt call it an improvement at this point.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
AndrewS
Employee
Employee

Hi @sl1900 

When entering your card, do you see the "Save to your company account (Admin Only)" checkbox near the bottom of the page? If so, please check the box and you will be able to select this card on your next purchase.

0 Cheers
NJ_EA
Level 3

I did that, it doesn't work, so it's now much more time consuming and inconvenient to increase your account balance.

sl1900
Level 2

Thank you for the suggestion. I checked that box. It doesn't work. The only option I have when paying per return is to input my information. It is so much more work to type in that address over and over. The old way was better.

sl1900
Level 2

It's still not working. The option to choose the card isn't there after I save it. I save the same card information over and over. This is an extremely disappointing and annoying issue to deal with.

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
Log into your Intuit Online account and you can edit and save the billing info. Go to Products and Billing
https://accounts.intuit.com/index.html

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
sl1900
Level 2

Thank you for the suggestion, but it still doesn't work. I'm just going to estimate how many more returns I've got and just add one total to the balance. I don't like doing that, but that's really the best option at this point. I've been using ProSeries for quite a few years, but I believe it's time to shop for new software going forward. 

TaxGuyBill
Level 15

It is amazing how Intuit brags they added a 'new and improved' method for PPR and it is so screwed up.  Other people have said it has been ignoring the decimal point, and therefore charging 100 times what it should.

rbynaker
Level 13

@sl1900 wrote:

Thank you for the suggestion, but it still doesn't work. I'm just going to estimate how many more returns I've got and just add one total to the balance.

That's what I do.  When I run out of money in the kitty, I count what's come in that I haven't started yet and just load up that total.  I usually have some stragglers after the tax deadline and I just pay for those as needed.

I remember back when computers made our lives easier...now I just try to survive them.

Rick

Yeah, it still doesn't work to save your information.  Every time I check "Save Information," I log into my online account and there are now five or six saves for the same card.  I mean, this isn't rocket science.  It's a pain to reenter my address, credit card number, etc. every single time I need to print a new return.  The good news is, I have memorized my American Express number, but really, this is ridiculous.  

0 Cheers
DRS29
Level 1

I have built up quite a few business returns the last few years. I now purchase Drake for anything outside my Basis unlimited/4 state parameters rather than use PPR in Proseries, and it saves me a lot of money. Plus, I get to learn a new product over time giving me optionality for the future if I want to make the full switch.

As an added bonus, when I call Drake for support an English speaking American answers in 10 seconds or less every time. that is so refreshing...

The gradual switch is a worthwhile consideration.

0 Cheers
The_AntiTax_Man
Level 8

@DRS29  Have you used the Proseries Business module [1065, 1120, 1120S, 1041] software in past years?  IF SO, how do the Drake and the Proseries business programs compare to one another?

0 Cheers
The_AntiTax_Man
Level 8

@TaxGuyBill  Yeah, In early April I added one PPR [a state 1041 return] that was listed as $46 [+ tax] and Intuit rung it up for $4,600 [plus tax was $4,900 and change] on my CC.  I only approved the $46 listed in the dialog box that automatically popped up on my computer monitor when I was printing the return.  Intuit put the $4,900+ as a PPR credit on account at Intuit and debited the $46 [+ tax] against the Intuit account $4900+ credit balance.  

Anyway, Intuit is in the process of sending the overcharge amount back to the CC.  I hope it gets there before next Friday.

Intuit stock on Jan 3, 2022 = $631.47,  today = $427.30.  down 32.4% year-to-date

Rapid revenue growth, but product development and customer relations going in the other direction.

Period Ending: 7/31/2021 7/31/2020 7/31/2019 7/31/2018
Total Revenue $9,633,000 $7,679,000 $6,784,000 $6,025,000
Cost of Revenue $1,633,000 $1,356,000 $1,147,000 $963,000
Gross Profit $8,000,000 $6,323,000 $5,637,000 $5,062,000
0 Cheers
taxes96786
Level 9

The last few I authorized payment for only required my CC code #.

0 Cheers
NJ_EA
Level 3

That's funny, I did the exact same thing for the exact same reason.

After experimenting with Drake this season, I can say that Pro Series overall is the better program, more intuitive and user friendly, but I don't think it's worth nearly 3x the price of Drake, and Drake's support alone is worth considering a switch. 

DRS29
Level 1

I have, and I agree with another comment - Proseries is much more intuitive with its forms based entry, and I'm used to (therefore prefer) the way Proseries packages up 1040s and client letters. Drake can do the same, but requires some customization, not a bad thing, but more work in unfamiliar territory. So I've been using PS for the simpler returns and Drake for trusts, 1120s and 1065 returns. I have completed many of these in both systems over the last two years, and I trust Proseries more than Drake simply because I know where to enter things and can find and verify the output quickly, whereas Drake requires back and forth from view mode to entry mode, and it's easy to overlook things or simply not make an entry because it's on a different screen. It would take some time to fully understand data entry, which is why I think my process is going to continue for another year at least. Then maybe I'll be ready to switch. Again, I can't say enough about the Drake support. Light years ahead of anything in the Intuit universe. I literally prefer a root canal over talking to Intuit support.  At 1/3 the cost, once you've mastered the Drake input, it's very worth considering. Proseries goes up 8%-12% every year, while Drake just made a significant jump for TY22 after no change at all for the prior two years that I know of.

NJ_EA
Level 3

After nearly a year, Intuit still hasn't fixed this problem.  My only guess is they want to make PPR as difficult as possible so we will buy an upgraded version

taxes96786
Level 9

I don't recommend that...the funds you put into PPR balance will not be refunded if you don't use it. I am not having any problems with PPR and only have to input my credit card security code each time I authorize a balance increase. I only increase the balance when I am ready to efile a return.

0 Cheers
kaseyCPA
Level 3

That does not work - please go back to the prefilled screen.

0 Cheers
kaseyCPA
Level 3

No Lisa, that didnt work either.

0 Cheers
j-v
Level 1

I've already tried the "Save" button at the bottom of the PPR screen and it doesn't work.

0 Cheers
Intuitjhaze
Intuit Alumni

hey @j-v did some research on this and it seems you were able to get in touch with support on the same day you posted in the community (on 3/14). Was support able to help you resolve your PPR issue?

0 Cheers
j-v
Level 1

Their suggestion didn't work. Also, it would be great if there was client name identified when we get the receipt for a PPR.

0 Cheers
j-v
Level 1

I do it that way but it's a pain to have to do it every time.

0 Cheers