Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

patch failed to apply with error code: 18

rawone53
Level 1

after program failed to print in pdf .. tech could not find the problem so told me to uninstall, but when trying to reinstall the program  stops and gives the error above along with the following:

failure opening new file: C\prowin19\forms\fbar_19\fpspdfs\build.txt

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

7 Comments 7
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

I dont recall seeing an error code 18 mentioned before, other numbers yes, but not 18.

Did you uninstall, then rename the old folder (I think this is so the Windows registry entries install clean) then reinstall?  personally, Id reboot the computer after the uninstall/rename portion before I reinstalled it, the instructions don't say to, but I always do.

https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/help-articles/help/uninstall-rename-and-reinstall-intuit-pro...

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
SLieu
Level 2

I have similar issue with the 2022 ProSeries Basic and Professional version.  Uninstalled and restarted computer, when trying to re-install error code:  18 popped up and can't install.  very frustrating.  Anyone has a solution?  thanks.

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

@Intuit_hieu  are you still the person to tag for these weird install errors?

0 Cheers
SLieu
Level 2

Hi Lisa,

I still have the issue on my computer. 

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

This is out of my league, Ive tagged an Intuit employee that works with the programming end, theyre usually the best bet for these types of problems.

0 Cheers
Intuit_hieu
Employee
Employee

@Just-Lisa-Now- I'm no longer working on ProSeries project. I'm going to check with another engineer. Also would it possible @SLieu or @rawone53 can provide us screenshot of the error? Thanks!

SLieu
Level 2

Hi Lisa,

Thanks for following up.  I solved the issue by installing the BasWin22 on my second hard drive in my computer: drive F (not C).  For some reason the program won't install on the C: drive.  It just happened that I put in a second hard drive last month and that solved the installation problem.  It won't have worked if there is no second hard drive.

I tried to uninstall and re-started the computer and re-installed onto the C drive numerous times and failed each time.  It is very frustrating.  It would be a problem for someone who doesn't have a second hard drive.

Again, thank you for trying to help.