Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

password resets

geezer
Level 3

ok, a rant. sorry. got more time with extended due date. have always avoided this mode but really, I have had enough. maybe it is the stress of avoiding the bozo bipeds who think six feet is six inches. and some get the converse confused as well. and you all need a smile. right?

get an email ten days ago to change password or it will be "auto trashed." so I follow the link. I obediently change the password. so what happens today? yeah, gotta change it again. really?

W hat T he F ridge!

I have used turbotax since 1985. aside from it going from $70 to $2,000 (a bit heavier than inflation, ya tink mon?), I have put up with the yearly glitches. I have constant pay per return issues. it doesn't carry schedules forward from year to year. it has summarily deleted clients by its own volition, yeah really. a number of program lockups where uninstall and reinstall was the only solution. 2018 was the worst yet so thankfully this year is better but there is still time for a meltdown!

but I firmly believe that whomever wrote the code that failed to recognize the changed password effectuated by a ProSeries email prompt should be drawn and quartered. sliced and diced. pumped and dumped. etc.

ok. that's all. think I'll go garden to relieve stress. 🌻🌷

(geezer is a mild mannered, mostly retired, cpa/atty who lives in chester county, PA. he loves to garden, play with his john deere tractor, cook, drink red wine and enjoys vintage VW oval window beetles (is two excessive?). a former radio music show host who enjoys being an emcee at americana music festivals; but not this year, sob. it might be hard to distinguish when he is being serious, sardonic or sarcastic - maybe check for the tongue bulge in the cheek? he loves life, people and numbers. one twisted dude indeedy.)

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

2 Comments 2
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Ive had that happen as well...Ive changed it then been prompted a couple weeks later to change it again...its like its got a clock on it for password reset, even if you do it prior to that clock date, it makes you do it again!

Now I just wait for it to prompt at sign in one day....no more being proactive.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
dd4vols
Level 10
Level 10

I've gotten a couple of emails from a 'PCGPasswordExpiration" .. one dated Feb 27.. another one more recently...alerting me to change in 14 days... and I still have not changed... was wondering if that was even a real email. or spam.  I will only change mine, when the program demands me to...not a minute before.

If an answer solves your issue, click on the "Accept as Solution" button! Makes it easier for people to find answers to similar questions that have already been posted.