Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

partnership return error (Proseries Professional)

jasontran
Level 3

Hello,

I prepared a partnership return for one partner.  When I choose  electronic filling, I got this error.

"Schedule K-1 worksheet partner ID# Must enter a valid EIN, valid SSN, APPLD FOR,  for at least two partners"  and the area "ID No.".where I entered the SSN  turn red  although i entered a correct SSN.  How do i by pass this error.

Note: this partnership has only 1 partner.

Thank you,

jason

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

6 Comments 6
IRonMaN
Level 15

One partner does not make a partnership.  You need to file a schedule C, not a 1065.

Slava Ukraini!
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

jason, do you have an LLC return youre trying to prepare?  Single member LLCs get reported on Sch C of the 1040.   If its a SMLLC in certain states, theres a checkbox for that at the top of the Sch C, then the figures will flow to the state LLC return.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
CHRISTY
Level 1

I understand about the filing of the Federal portion on 1040-C but it's not allowing me to file electronically on the state for 568.  Is there a way to override this problem?

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

@CHRISTY wrote:

I understand about the filing of the Federal portion on 1040-C but it's not allowing me to file electronically on the state for 568.  Is there a way to override this problem?

@CHRISTY   It wont let you prepare the 568? or it wont let you Efile the 568? 

0 Cheers
RED DRAGON
Level 2

For Single Member LLC, go to information page, and mark under Part V, Limited Liability Company Member, instead of Partner.

Then go to part VI, and unmark Efiling of the Original Return for the Federal 1065. This should get rid of the Error.

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
SMLLCs dont file a 1065.