Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Out of State income

JohnFred
Level 2

My client owns 2 Businesses (as a Sole Proprietor in both cases).  He LIVES in New Hampshire, and operates a business in New Hampshire.  He operates a SEPARATE business in Massachusetts.  So he needs to file a Non-Resident MA Tax Return.  The MA Proseries software allows for me to allocate income based on the number of days worked in each state, but there does not seem to be a way to tax ALL of the MA business income to MA, and then tax NONE of the NH income to MA.

Any suggestions?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

4 Comments 4
clr600
Level 8

You would allocate non resident income on the nr works in the federal.

dd4vols
Level 10
Level 10

Bottom of the info worksheet.. Part XI.   Do Full year NH resident.. but also check the box to do a NON-Resident for MA.  then QuickZoom to the Non-Resident State allocation.. click on the MA...and then just go down the line and put what should be in MA column.....if not already there.  For instance if he had Sch Income... only put the MA amount in the MA column... you will see it's pretty easy I think.

If an answer solves your issue, click on the "Accept as Solution" button! Makes it easier for people to find answers to similar questions that have already been posted.
JohnFred
Level 2

Thanks so much for your quick response

0 Cheers
JohnFred
Level 2

I will try this.  Thank you very much and thank you for the specific detail.