Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Original return filed is now changed in proseries to remove additional stimulus due

Colmatt
Level 5

Tax return filed.  Taxpayer said didn't receive refund.  I opened approved return and "Amount as originally file" had change.  The change was to remove the remaining stimulus that they are due of $978.  I know I have had plenty of people tell me the wrong amount received, but this taxpayer appears to have given me the correct amount.  Any idea what is going on? 

They did not have unemployment so no snafu there.  

Is the IRS issuing separate additional stimulus payments and tax refunds?

Let this chaos stop!!!  

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ILL
Level 2

I am having the same problem it appears to be a pro series issue as both of my clients received the full amount of their refund including the recovery rebate. If you print the changes worksheet the package includes a blank 1040-X! I would not recommend doing that either as it is alot of paper.

Dave Illig

View solution in original post

3 Comments 3
ILL
Level 2

I am having the same problem it appears to be a pro series issue as both of my clients received the full amount of their refund including the recovery rebate. If you print the changes worksheet the package includes a blank 1040-X! I would not recommend doing that either as it is alot of paper.

Dave Illig

Stormy Lady
Level 2

Just use the "print single page" option and select file (pdf). 

0 Cheers
Colmatt
Level 5

That is hopeful.  And very annoying.

0 Cheers