Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ordering 1099 forms

leny
Level 1

I ordered 1099 forms from the IRS after the shutdown started.  Will I receive them before the filing deadline and if I don't what are your suggestions?  I planned on doing Form 8809 for my clients but that is more work for me.

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
IRonMaN
Level 15

I'm guessing you might want to go with plan B and pick up some blank forms from an office supply store.

Slava Ukraini!

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
12 Comments 12
IRonMaN
Level 15

I'm guessing you might want to go with plan B and pick up some blank forms from an office supply store.

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
CMS_VA_CPA
Level 3

or you spend a few bucks and file them electronically (only costs me $15 per client).  A whole lot less stress...

0 Cheers
poolcleaner
Level 9

For small quantities there are several online services that seem to work quite easily.  They will even mail to the recipient for the additional cost of a stamp.  They range between $1.50 and $2.50 per form with discounts for larger quantities per client. If anyone is interested, I'd be happy to find the actual price. I have found that for the numbers I do it is much more price effective than using the packages from Staples, etc and the software is much more logical. Telephone support is great.

0 Cheers
poolcleaner
Level 9
They also have your previous years' forms on file and carry forward all the information you input the previous year.
0 Cheers
abctax55
Level 15

Go BUY them at Office Depot....a lot less stress.

And there's no way on God's Green Earth that any one hear knows the answer to your question.

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

I'm wondering the same!    Seems like its all done by computers and equipment...but maybe it does require a human to actually touch something or push a button somewhere!

If they don't show up by Wed next week, I'll hit Staples and purchase those darn pink original pages!  In the meantime, at least I can send out the forms to the recipients straight from the printer!

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
abctax55
Level 15
Lisa...what/how many do you need.  I have a lot of extra ones.
( Generic Comment )"
0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
I push out maybe 20 W2s for 6 different employers, and maybe 50 1099s in total for dozens of different clients...I usually order them a year in advance and they show up long before now...Ive turned the office upside down thinking I stashed them somewhere out of the way (Im sure I'll find them once I don't need them anymore!)  but maybe I blew it and didn't order them last season!

Its no big deal, Staples is within walking distance of the office!

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
thank you for the offer though!

0 Cheers
abctax55
Level 15
I did that last year (forgot to order...).
I'm happy to stick some in an envelope if need be; let me know.
( Generic Comment )"
0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
:+1::+1:

0 Cheers
Greta
Level 9
This year for the first time I bought the ProSeries 1099 software for $148, and so far it's well worth it. Hoping the efiling also goes smoothly.
0 Cheers