Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Opening program

Jim-from-Ohio
Level 11

Does anyone elses' program sometimes take like about ten minutes to fully open and the clients load?

0 Cheers
10 Comments 10
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
No, sometimes it takes longer than usual, but not 10 mins......I usually reboot the whole computer at that point.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
IRonMaN
Level 15

I've never timed it, but I know I am well under ten minutes.  Is this a frequent problem for you?

Slava Ukraini!
Jim-from-Ohio
Level 11

this was after a fresh restart also.. I think tons of things are trying to load in the background hogging the resources..  it happens fairly often, but today was the longest ever I think. 

IRonMaN
Level 15

Maybe it's Intuit's way of saying you need a little break during the day.  Grab yourself a cup of coffee (or a bottle of Fireball for one preparer out there) and get caught up on today's news before getting back to work.  I assume you have gone down the road a time or two of trying out the "repair updates" option to help your cause?

Slava Ukraini!
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
Are you using Carbonite for cloud backup? Ive noticed the last 6 months or so, anytime Carbonite is running in the background, my program is super slow.

Ive been shutting Carbonite off during the day and letting it run over night, then rebooting my machine in the morning.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
Jim-from-Ohio
Level 11

I am not running Carbonite.  I will next time I try and open the program what happens.  I would think a restart would make it quicker but it made it slower in my case. 

sjrcpa
Level 15

Years ago I had similar issues with Lacerte.

First I would shut down the computer (vs restart).

Than start it.

Then open Lacerte as the first thing.

YMMV.

Ex-AllStar
sjrcpa
Level 15

How old is your computer?

How much memory does it have?

Ex-AllStar
Jim-from-Ohio
Level 11

12 GB OF RAM

INTEL i5 8400 CPU @2.80 GHz

computer may be 4 or 5 years old

PATAX
Level 15

It may be computer is filling up. I believe it makes backups of everything in a certain location, and when that fills up then the computer may slow down. That's not the same location I believe where the programs run, but it still slows it down. My older computer is slow, but the new one is  faster.  Maybe that is your solution?