Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Only want state estimates for next year and don't need that state return to act like it needs to be filed

Karen2020
Level 2

I have client who is moving to another State in two weeks.  I am finishing his 2019 whereby he is a full year resident of current state.  I want estimates for both states.  But when I go to finishing the return (printing it out) it wants to prepare an Arkansas 2019 (Nonresident return).  He nevered lived in Arkansas during 2019.  How do I get that to go away for finishing up 2019 returns?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Karen2020
Level 2

I don't have Arkansas chosen anywhere on federal information sheet.

I know what I want as Arkansas amounts due Sept 15 and Jan 15, 2020.

So the letter prints out that I have an Arkansas return being prepared and that it needs to be signed and mailed.  (I don't even need the Arkansas 1040)

But I will do like you said by printing out the estimate forms and the instruction letter and then delete the Arkansas return from State situation.

Thank you very much.

View solution in original post

4 Comments 4
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

@Karen2020 wrote:

I have client who is moving to another State in two weeks.  I am finishing his 2019 whereby he is a full year resident of current state.  I want estimates for both states.  But when I go to finishing the return (printing it out) it wants to prepare an Arkansas 2019 (Nonresident return).  He nevered lived in Arkansas during 2019.  How do I get that to go away for finishing up 2019 returns?

Not sure I understand what " it wants to prepare an Arkansas 2019 (Nonresident return)"....dont you need to plug some figures into AR to get the ES payments to compute?

Be sure you dont have AR chose for Efiling on the fed info worksheet and it shouldnt show up in the EFCenter....if you dont want it saved at all, just delete the AR state return after you print the ES coupons.

From the Fed return, Click File > Remove City/State

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
Karen2020
Level 2

I don't have Arkansas chosen anywhere on federal information sheet.

I know what I want as Arkansas amounts due Sept 15 and Jan 15, 2020.

So the letter prints out that I have an Arkansas return being prepared and that it needs to be signed and mailed.  (I don't even need the Arkansas 1040)

But I will do like you said by printing out the estimate forms and the instruction letter and then delete the Arkansas return from State situation.

Thank you very much.

George4Tacks
Level 15
You paid for an Arkansas return just to get estimates?

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
0 Cheers
Karen2020
Level 2

No sir!  Have access to all states!

0 Cheers