Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

W-9 is NOT is my forms folder to open and print out? Why and when does this form become available?

TaxLaw
Level 4

My clients are in need of this form requested by foreign venders th onky recourwe available to me IRS https://www.irs.gov/forms-pubs-search?search=w-9

When will my Professional Pro make it available?

Dr. Charles Hills

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
itonewbie
Level 15

W-9 and W-8 series are not part of a tax return.  Doubt these will make their way into Intuit's tax product (or anyone else' for that matter) anytime soon.  You or your client will just need to prepare these off the PDF files.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
13 Comments 13
itonewbie
Level 15

W-9 and W-8 series are not part of a tax return.  Doubt these will make their way into Intuit's tax product (or anyone else' for that matter) anytime soon.  You or your client will just need to prepare these off the PDF files.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15

One more click on  your link would get you to the W-9, which IRS nicely provides in a fillable PDF format. Start typing and print. https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/fw9.pdf 

Not part of PS. You can get it as an add on https://proconnect.intuit.com/proseries/add-ons/quick-employer-forms/

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
0 Cheers
abctax55
Level 15

W-9's are more *payroll* and Form 1099 related and are available thru QuickBooks.  

You posted this as a Proseries question...which is a tax preparation program.  Are you actually using QB?  

And please clarify the "foreign" vendors part of question.  You may need a different form if payments to foreigners is involved (W-BEN?).

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
0 Cheers
itonewbie
Level 15
W-8BEN is actually for NRA's who are subject to 30% withholding on FDAP income or claim treaty rates or exemptions for US tax withholding purposes.  W-9, on the other hand, is to certify US status, generally, to avoid backup withholdings.  Foreign vendors accept both, depending on whether the taxpayer is an NRA or a US person :smile::smile:
Still an AllStar
0 Cheers
abctax55
Level 15
Just one more reason it's good to have you around here....sometimes I know *just* enough to get in trouble :smile::smile:
"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
0 Cheers
itonewbie
Level 15
We tag team here (somehow, I keep seeing WWF in my head as I type this although that's really not what I mean) :smiling_imp:  :smiling_imp:
Still an AllStar
0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

The bigger question is, why isn't form 5227 available?  Or has someone asked that before?

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15
0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15
Why yes I have.  All of those anvils take their toll over time and some days I forget and even find myself repeating myself.  Thanks.

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15
Why yes I have.  All of those anvils take their toll over time and some days I forget and even find myself repeating myself.  Thanks

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15
Why yes I have.  All of those anvils take their toll over time and some days I forget and even find myself repeating myself.  Thanks

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15
This forum is so quiet I think I hear echoes.

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
0 Cheers
itonewbie
Level 15
:joy::joy:
Still an AllStar
0 Cheers