Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there any word yet on when the updated Form 5695 will be available

lee
Level 1

Congress extended the Residential Energy Credits on February 9th; when will an updated Form 5695 be available?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
abctax55
Level 15

Yes, they did.

Unfortunately, the IRS just update the form on FRIDAY.

Intuit will get their end updated as soon as possible.

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
13 Comments 13
abctax55
Level 15

Yes, they did.

Unfortunately, the IRS just update the form on FRIDAY.

Intuit will get their end updated as soon as possible.

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
0 Cheers
dLaccounting
Level 2
I'm not understanding the hold up. The IRS has updated their 2017 Form 5695, WHY HASN'T IT BEEN UPDATED IN PROSERIES!? This is the second time there has been a significant lag with regard to Proseries response to the tax extenders. I am less than pleased.
0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
Once IRS finalizes the form (didn't that happen Friday?) the software companies have to get their version of it approved by IRS...its not instantaneous.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
AshleyatIntuit
Employee
Employee
@dclukus This information was just approved on Friday so it has only been roughly 1 complete business day.  There is a process with this, to ensure accuracy.
0 Cheers
Intuit's Proconnect is updated, and it is also updated in the non-Intuit program I use. So PROSERIES is the only software I use that is out of date. So I appreciate the process, but it is no longer an IRS blame game.
0 Cheers
IS THERE A DATE THIS IS EXPECTED? I don't think that request is unreasonable. I can tell my client to wait for his refund, but I sound like an idiot saying I don't know if/when I can file his return.
0 Cheers
AshleyatIntuit
Employee
Employee
I believe March 9th tentatively but again, this was just approved on Friday, this is no IRS blame game, just time to implement and receive approval.  Each software is programmed differently as well, so there are many factors in getting a form approved an implemented.
0 Cheers
I understand, but I spent 2.5 hours with support trying to get that answer and NO ONE ANSWERED. In 2.5 hours.

Proseries has disabled CHAT, the phone support doesn't seem to be manned by anyone, whatever these live support sessions don't seem to work for me.... it's just really frustrating and they will lose customers if this is how they support their product. This community page is literally the only thing that works.
0 Cheers
But thank you for giving me a date. I can hang up from the hold that never ends now. 🙂
0 Cheers
dLaccounting
Level 2
I, for one, will be reconsidering my renewal after this tax season.
0 Cheers
AshleyatIntuit
Employee
Employee
I completely understand and yes, this is a great place to get resolved .  The live "ask an expert sessions" are housed here in the community as well, and can be great too.  I understand about volume, and this year we have had higher than average hold times, but trust that you can always ask your question here to get assistance.
0 Cheers
Thanks, and I'm sorry for venting.

Here's a question for you.... is it possible to narrow my search by date? I usually enter the tax year to exclude outdated threads, but that doesn't seem to help.
0 Cheers
AshleyatIntuit
Employee
Employee

Rachelincolorado, i had to do a new answer so i could upload an attachment, yes you can filter by on the left side of the pannel so i searched form 5695 and then filtered by PAST WEEK, then by post type QUESTION 

0 Cheers