Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone else having the same issue? On Illinois ICR form line #8 for K-12 education expenses, the amount should show as $750, however, it is showing as $0.

jkreuz2
Level 1

On Illinois ICR form line #8 for K-12 education expenses, the amount should show as $750, however, it is showing as $0. It calculated correctly on the 2017 tax return and the client received the full maximum $70 credit. On the 2018, it is coming up as $0. I tried to override the cell, but then I received an error message. The forms for 2017 and 2018 are the same.

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
garman22
Level 13
Level 13

I have done ICR numerous times and have not had a problem. Have you entered all pertinent information? You've checked the box above to bring down the students info correct? 

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
5 Comments 5
garman22
Level 13
Level 13

I have done ICR numerous times and have not had a problem. Have you entered all pertinent information? You've checked the box above to bring down the students info correct? 

0 Cheers
jkreuz2
Level 1
Did all of that and compared to 2017 where it worked fine. Everything looks the same as the previous year. I even deleted the form and entered the info again. Nothing changed.
It should auto populate into line 8, but all I get is a zero.

Line 6 = $21,789 line Line 7d = 750; line 8 is the lesser of 6 and 7 and should be $750
0 Cheers
garman22
Level 13
Level 13
On your K-12 worksheet, what shows up on line 11?
0 Cheers
jkreuz2
Level 1
0 Cheers
jkreuz2
Level 1
this is the cost for elementary and high school education no college is included
0 Cheers