Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I enter non-taxable income from a Personal Assistance Services W-2

vlbrwn
Level 1

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
garman22
Level 13
Level 13

On January 3, 2014, the IRS issued Notice 2014-7 addressing the income tax treatment of certain payments to an individual care provider under a state Home and Community-Based Services Waiver (Medicaid waiver) program. ... The notice applies for income tax purposes only

Is this what you are referring to?

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
3 Comments 3
garman22
Level 13
Level 13

On January 3, 2014, the IRS issued Notice 2014-7 addressing the income tax treatment of certain payments to an individual care provider under a state Home and Community-Based Services Waiver (Medicaid waiver) program. ... The notice applies for income tax purposes only

Is this what you are referring to?

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

You may need to clarify what you're referring to?  Is your client being paid as part of a Medicaid waiver program to care for a relative in the clients home?

I'm not sure why "personal assistance" would be non taxable unless its the situation I described above.  If this is your situation, we can tell you have to account for it on the tax return.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
hv
Level 1

Yes Lisa, I have the same question and your described situation is exactly what I want to say.  I am using the pro series basic edition, how do I enter it in.  Thanks so much for your help

0 Cheers