Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

On Calif Fiduciary Income Tax Return (541)) type of entity shows error in the type of entry, which is a carryover from the federal return where there is no error

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

we dont really want to guess what type of entity that is...could you add a few more details?

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪

View solution in original post

3 Comments 3
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

we dont really want to guess what type of entity that is...could you add a few more details?

This is for a Trust ( the person has since died ) and this will be its final Trust return

On the 1041, I designated the Trust as a simple trust, but when it rolls over to the California Estate/Trust

I receive an error on Form 541, p1&2, with the type of entity all in pink, with the Simple Trust marked

Vince

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

I'm passing this along to you from another member that cant seem to post in the forum here....hes saying a Final trust needs to be Complex, not Simple....so that may help solve your issue.

0 Cheers