Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can we efile FBARs (FinCEN Forms 114) thru ProSeries at this time? Tax return efiling is suspended for now, but I know FinCEN filing is open, but what about ProSeries?

Rob-W
Level 1

ProSeries technical support is closed today, so I'm hoping that someone in our community will know.

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
itonewbie
Level 15

Given how ProConnect works, I would venture to say no.  Since ProConnect is not accepting any return for efiling until the new filing season starts in January, you may like to try efiling only FBAR and see if PS would reject the submission.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
4 Comments 4
itonewbie
Level 15

Given how ProConnect works, I would venture to say no.  Since ProConnect is not accepting any return for efiling until the new filing season starts in January, you may like to try efiling only FBAR and see if PS would reject the submission.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
0 Cheers
itonewbie
Level 15
@Rob W You may like to consider efiling the FBAR directly with BSA instead.  The only thing is that only discreet filing is allowed and you'd need to re-key all the entries on the PDF form but the advantage is that you won't run into problems with rejection because of illegal characters since validation is done real time with the submission.
Still an AllStar
0 Cheers
Mt-Juliet--CPA
Level 3

Not now

0 Cheers
art kroon
Level 1

we have been trying to file separate 114. do not know how.

0 Cheers