Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ohio School District Returns

Treaty10
Level 1

Help! There is a glitch on the Ohio School District return and I can't get Proseries to correct it .The W-2 information from Box 1 Wages and Box 18 Wages is supposed to flow to the school district tax return on Schedule of School District Withholding . Instead of transferring the amount from Box 1 of the W-2, the program is transferring the total from Box 5 on the W-2 which is a problem when Box 1 and Box 5 are different amounts.  What can I do to correct this issue? As I have said, I am getting no help from technical support. 

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Comment 1
The-Tax-Lady
Level 9

Sounds like the School District is an "Earned Income" taxing district, in which case it does not use the Ohio taxable income to compute the School District tax. It taxes all earned income with no deduction for retirement contributions so box 5 would be the correct number for income.

Look on the SD 100 and see if it is a Traditional or Earned income that is being filed.