Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone familiar with Idaho?

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

First, I have a TP that's a full year resident of ID (switched all drivers lic, bought a house, etc as of  Jan 1 2018).

Spouse still lives here in CA, has no plans to move to ID.

I should be filing a Form 43 part year/non resident to exclude spouse income, right?

Where is the estimated tax worksheet?

I see the vouchers, but I don't see any worksheet to compute payments....do I just enter the amount I want them to pay right on the vouchers?

When I do that the letter looks terrible, no due dates are shown...the ES vouchers don't even show the due dates on them....what am I missing here? 

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
suesayers
Level 3
Idaho doesn't require estimated payments.  If your client wants to prepay, just fill in an amount directly on Form 51ES.

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
7 Comments 7
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
No Idahoans (Idahoers?) out there?

0 Cheers
rbynaker
Level 13
@mojocpa  Can you help Lisa with Idaho?
0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
I got it!  suesayers helped me out!!

0 Cheers
suesayers
Level 3
Idaho doesn't require estimated payments.  If your client wants to prepay, just fill in an amount directly on Form 51ES.
0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
Ohhh, interesting!  So if they owed over $4000 this year, they don't need to worry about penalty for failure to pay throughout the year?

0 Cheers
suesayers
Level 3
Correct.  I have only used ES payments to help clients with cash flow or when bunching itemized deductions.
0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
This is awesome news, I'm sure he'd rather keep his money all year!  thank you so much!

0 Cheers