Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have no problem printing labels, just takes long because each client is initialized one at a time. Solution?

Johnl777
Level 3

I know how to select all clients to print; that is not the problem. Problem is when I say "print",  it does an initialization of each client one at a time, so is a very slow process. Printing doesn't start until all are initialized. So question is how to initialize all clients at once before printing the labels, so printing will go fast?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Oh yes, I have to walk away and go get a snack or something, it does take quite a while to get it all sent over to the printer.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
14 Comments 14
TaxGuyBill
Level 15
It should only take a few seconds per client, then automatically go on to the next one until they are all done.  Is it doing that for you?  How long it is taking for you?

And there is no need to start a new question, it makes it MUCH easier if you just respond on your prior question, rather than starting a new one.
0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
it seems longer than it really is I think   LOL

0 Cheers
Johnl777
Level 3
Okay, thanks. When tries to print, it says "Proseries is completing calculations". Only took a few minutes, so OK.
0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15
"it seems longer than it really is I think"

No, it takes forever.  That initialization crap, one by one, is crazy to just to print some labels.   If we pay a fast path fee, a person would think that the path to the labels would be a heck of a lot faster than it is. :tired_face:  

Slava Ukraini!
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
Printing all clients to pdf takes forever!

0 Cheers
Jim-from-Ohio
Level 11
and they still print off the label (for some)
0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15
That I can understand, but why does the program have to do so much thinking aka authorizing to just print labels.  I could almost type them up myself as it does for the program to print them.

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15
Jim - a printer alignment feature - who would think you would have to send a bunch or programmers to rocket scientist school to get that feature added.

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
I use the 3 across Avery 5160 labels, they print on them perfect.

0 Cheers
Jim-from-Ohio
Level 11
I know there are more pressing issues with fixes than label alignment but if you had to knock out a list of ten or twenty things on a punch list sometimes it makes sense to take out first an easy one, one that may take about five minutes to fix and get some headwind on the list, especially when this was requested starting three years ago
0 Cheers
Jim-from-Ohio
Level 11
yes, we know they line up for some, but for others they do not and have not for years.
0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15
They line up for me, but I feel bad for the folks that have to fight with the stupid things.  It would be one thing if this was a new issue, but this discussion has gone on for years and nothing has been done.  I used a tax software called TAASC before Intuit bought them out many years ago.  They also had a half baked accounting program called EasyAcct which Intuit picked up as part of the deal.  As Mickey Mouse as the software was, you could still do basic things like align stuff for printing.  Maybe Intuit can call up a few of those retired engineers to program the feature over coffee one day.

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Oh yes, I have to walk away and go get a snack or something, it does take quite a while to get it all sent over to the printer.

0 Cheers
taxesrme
Level 2

Did proseries ever fix this? am printing them out now and it still is taking forever. 

0 Cheers