Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Odd problem in Intuit Link

LimaTaxPreparer
Level 2

So this evening I am having this odd problem - I am working in Intuit Link to send my questionnaire /  document requests to clients. Normally this works very smoothly, I have been using Link for a couple of years. But this evening, I have gotten the following message several times for clients that HAVE HAD NO EMAIL CHANGE. 

The client’s email address has been changed and needs to be updated within Intuit Link. Email addresses need to be the same so there are no issues with data privacy/loss. Select Edit in the upper right of the above User ID field and update the email address. Invite the client to Intuit Link with the new email address. After the client logs in with the new email address, you can find the new information/documents under the same client with new email address. Documents (in Documents tab) and incomplete requests will be cleared and need to be re-initiated as needed.

Any thoughts on why this is happening and how I can overcome it? I do NOT want to re-invite clients who have had no changes, this is a huge waste of time!

 

Labels (1)
0 Cheers
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
LimaTaxPreparer
Level 2

Just to wrap up this discussion - later work did not run into this as much as the first evening. I did still have it happen a couple more times, but I'm working through that with the handful of clients this affected. These are still active emails, were not changed by the client or by me, and match what I have in ProSeries. Ultimately we are getting things done, but this has certainly been an inconvenience!!

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
5 Replies 5
itonewbie
Level 15

Intuit Link's account is owned and managed by each of your clients.  It is always possible that your client may have updated the email address associated with his/her account.  It may not be the case for these clients of yours but thought I'd check first before thinking about other possible causes.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
LimaTaxPreparer
Level 2

For several accounts that were an issue last evening, there is no change - the email in Link matches what I have from last year in ProSeries and my own records. Some of these are people I know well and know their emails, so I am sure nothing changed. We will see if it is more stable this evening!

0 Cheers
Weldon
Level 1

No solution, but I can report a similar problem.  All of my client's in Link show "no requests found."  I was on the phone with support for 107 minutes last night, and no solution.  Hopeful today will bring a good recommendation.  

0 Cheers
LimaTaxPreparer
Level 2

Wow, that is a long time to talk with Support without a solution! Hoping today is better!

0 Cheers
LimaTaxPreparer
Level 2

Just to wrap up this discussion - later work did not run into this as much as the first evening. I did still have it happen a couple more times, but I'm working through that with the handful of clients this affected. These are still active emails, were not changed by the client or by me, and match what I have in ProSeries. Ultimately we are getting things done, but this has certainly been an inconvenience!!

View solution in original post

0 Cheers