Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NYC Form Set release date (for 1127)

ljr
Level 8

I checked the form release dates and I don't even see the NYC Form Set listed. Did I miss it? Do we have a release date for the 1127 yet? Thanks.

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

17 Comments 17
George4Tacks
Level 15

I agree that I do not see it. I have noticed the Lacerte and ProConnect Tax have added  Manual Entry Forms. I do not see 1125 in that list either.  

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
0 Cheers
MD24
Level 2

I was told by customer service that the NYC 1127 release date was 1/28/2021.  I do not see it in the updates including todays latest update 1/30/2021

0 Cheers
sarr80
Level 2

Does anyone have a definitive answer on the release date?  It’s not listed anywhere on their form release dates. 

0 Cheers
violajr
Level 3

I too am trying to find the release dat for the NYC 1127.

I did not see it on the forms Release schedule as well.

Waiting to hear back from Support

0 Cheers
violajr
Level 3

I spoke to support and they do not see the release date of the 1127 either.  They expect it to be ready by 2-11 but there is nothing definite.

I expect that it will be available because there is reference to the 1127 in the NY State Information Worksheet section XI.

0 Cheers
MD24
Level 2

Thanks for the update (possibly 2/11).  It is unusual that it not on their list.  It was in years past and it is usually delayed a bit.  Hopefully that is the case, just delayed.

0 Cheers
sarr80
Level 2

I am done with ProSeries after this year. I have colleagues using other software and have all their forms including NYC 1127. This is holding me up big time. It’s every year they are behind. 

0 Cheers
rbusiness1
Level 1

NYC-1127 will be available Feb. 25 in Proseries.

MD24
Level 2

Thanks for the update 

Proseries really failing with this on two fronts.  First, not forthcoming with release dates and second, releasing it so late.  

0 Cheers
ljr
Level 8

This is really unacceptable. Now I too am starting to consider getting rid of Proseries after 30 years. Maybe it is time for a change. Being in NY my firm has many many returns with 1127 and a lot of them file in February. Another stack of returns to the "hold" piles. Bad enough we get slammed with all the returns in March for those waiting on broker statements - Maybe tax season should got to April 30 from now on.

0 Cheers
tben29
Level 2

Has anyone double sourced the release date rbusiness1 suggested? It'll save many of us the two hour minimum wait time on hold :). 

0 Cheers
sarr80
Level 2

Totally agree. I mean the programming cannot be to hard on this form. It’s totally unacceptable. I have been issuing it also for 25 years. Time to move on. 

0 Cheers
rbusiness
Level 2

1127.png

0 Cheers
sarr80
Level 2

Confirmed February 25th with ProSeries. Unacceptable.... here is a list of software companies that have this form available today.  You may want to consider a change next year:

Lacerte (who by the way is produced by intuit)

Drake  (much cheaper and has more forms included such as corporate)

ATX- Much less expensive and gives you everything

Utratax- more expensive but much better. 

These are just a few 

Delaying this form set for a NY tax preparer is tantamount to issuing the Federal ProSeries and not the state software until a month later. That will do wonders for business. 

0 Cheers
ljr
Level 8

absolutely unacceptable - I don't think that form has changed since the 70's

0 Cheers
sarr80
Level 2

Just a note. Since I complained so much they finally gave me two free business returns/trust returns with states. A $222 credit for all my troubles. A least they did something. 

0 Cheers
knightie
Level 2

under YC and said 2/25/2

0 Cheers