Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NYC exempt unincorporated business activity, Form NYC-204 issue.

MiltonD
Level 1

I'm preparing a a return for an LLC which owns a building and receives rental income. Although this is considered by NYC an exempt unincorporated business activity, Form NYC-204 results in a liability although I checked the "Engaged in a fully exempt activity." However if I use Form 204 EZ the program works correctly. Unfortunately, because income exceeds the threshold of $90,000 I must use NYC-204. Is there an override to make the form work properly? Thank you.  

Labels (1)
5 Replies 5
CCASTILLO11
Level 2

Did you ever fix this issue? I'm having the same problem with a 2020 Tax return. 

Thanks in advance. 

0 Cheers
Nicholas923
Level 2

Hi Im having the same issue & feel there is a software glitch. How did you resolve Thank you

0 Cheers
CCASTILLO11
Level 2

No, I spent an entire afternoon trying to find a solution with pro series. They ended up saying a supervisor will call me back but I doubt it’ll happen now before the deadline. it definitely is a glitch. Please post if you find an answer and I will as well 

0 Cheers
Nicholas923
Level 2

Hi I was on the phone for close to 2 hours!!

They took a sanitized sample of one of my files and basically said that it is not the software!!! I said how can that be? Basically they told me to either turn off the error module and force the efile or put in a negative number on page 3 Sch B  line of NYC 204 (which I figured out on my own yesterday)and it will show a zero tax. Im hoping that we dont get letters from NYC down the road but it can be expalined. Good luck to you.

Nicholas

CCASTILLO11
Level 2

Thanks Nicholas. 

0 Cheers