Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NY STate un-employment the first $10,200.00 forgiven like with the IRS

lupotax
Level 1

can you adjust 10200.00 of NY State un-employment like you do on the 1040

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

6 Comments 6
jamessite
Level 3

I HAD TWO NY CLIENTS HAVE THE $10200 UNEMPLOYMENT EXEMPTION APPEAR ON THEIR NY STATE RETURN. MAKE SURE TO UPDATE YOUR PROGRAM. I WAS SO UNSURE I CALLED PROSERIES TWICE. IT LOOKS LIKE IT WAS VOTED ON LAST NIGHT. IF IT WAS NOT, I WILL SUE PROSERIES FOR INTEREST AND PENALTIES GENERATED BY THAT MAJOR ERROR.

0 Cheers
lauriem33
Level 4

At this point I am holding all NY returns with Unemployment.  I had the same issue, the exemption is showing up but I don't think it's official yet.   I really hate this filing season.

Will New York tax unemployment payments? We still don’t know - syracuse.com

0 Cheers
lauriem33
Level 4

Also noticed, federal UCE is being added back in NY return in box for line 19a worksheet.  It looks like the amounts are good on the tax and it is picking up the full unemployment.  It's just adding extra steps from yesterday.

0 Cheers
Camp1040
Level 10

NYS does not exempt UC as of today, If you look at the return you will see it is added back under additions, you just can't see what you want to see.

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
Sue ProSeries for you not knowing how its supposed to work, good luck with that.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
lauriem33
Level 4

Right, it's being added back on the worksheet after it comes out in federal adjustments.  It's basically a wash.

0 Cheers