Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not quite sure I understand what Intuit is offering here....they have people you can hire for $50/hr to do your work for you?

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
IRonMaN
Level 15

You get top notch people that have spare time this time of year to help you out.  Wait a second maybe they aren’t quite the top of the top if they have that much spare time.  I know a couple of preparers that used the service and said it worked out pretty well for awhile but the people they hired were involved in a car crash and suddenly stopped working.

Slava Ukraini!

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
23 Comments 23
IRonMaN
Level 15

You get top notch people that have spare time this time of year to help you out.  Wait a second maybe they aren’t quite the top of the top if they have that much spare time.  I know a couple of preparers that used the service and said it worked out pretty well for awhile but the people they hired were involved in a car crash and suddenly stopped working.

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
AshleyatIntuit
Employee
Employee

It appears to be a prototype at this time, but seems as though its a "matchmaking" service to allow pro's to connect w/ other pro's for help in season or whenever needed.

0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15
The Love Connection. :lips::lips:

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
Something similar to the TurboTax Live CPA assistance?

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
AshleyatIntuit
Employee
Employee
I don't think so, think this is more so like, you need someone to come in and help w/ data entry for a couple weeks during biz deadline for example, you can use that service to find someone who has experience using your software, and doing biz returns and we (intuit) "back them" so that the work is guaranteed, is what i gather from it.
0 Cheers
AshleyatIntuit
Employee
Employee
OR if @IRonMaN needs help figuring out how to do that pirate's return!  HA!
0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
Interesting, thanks!

0 Cheers
itonewbie
Level 15
Love Connection?  Where's Chuck Woolery?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15
I have struggled a little bit this year since we only get to deduct pirate plank costs as a misc itemized deduction on MN, not the federal.

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
itonewbie
Level 15
Interesting.  "Screened by Intuit".  What does that really mean, so what can the hiring firm expect?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
0 Cheers
AshleyatIntuit
Employee
Employee
I think validating credentials and a user of the software, beyond that I can't confirm
0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15
I'm just curious, what kind of credentials are required for someone to be in the love connection pool?  Since Intuit looks at the CPA/EA for tax stuff related to TurdoTax, I assume you are referring to those type of credentials, but what about the bookkeeping/payroll side of things?

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
AshleyatIntuit
Employee
Employee
I am not sure, to be honest.  I can take this back but again, right now, believe this is just a prototype, and as more details emerge, I'll share with you guys. :+1::+1:
0 Cheers
itonewbie
Level 15
Thanks, Ashley, but I wouldn't call it a prototype since it's already live. :smile::smile:
Still an AllStar
0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15
It's a work in process :wink::wink:

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
AshleyatIntuit
Employee
Employee
yeah its not a live service at the moment
0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
So I could hire someone for $50/hr to prepare this messy SCorp return that makes me crazy every year, but I feel bad for the guy since hes such a clueless mess I don't have the heart to kick him to the curb....sounds like a bargain to me!

0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15
Send the return to me.  I'll do it for $49.95/hour.  That sounds like a better rate than I get helping out here :smile::smile:

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
LOL    Well he wont be in until Sept 10th then stuff will be missing until the 14th...he's one of those guys!

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
Oh and everything is on handwritten ledger sheets!

0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15
On second thought, we might have a couple of those clients in our portfolio.  Are you interested in making $49.99 to prepare them :wink::wink:

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
:-1:   Pass!    :smile::-1: :smile:

0 Cheers
AshleyatIntuit
Employee
Employee
LOL