Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

non-final state forms can't be printed

Highlighted
Level 1

This protocol is bad.  It prevents us from printing a copy to give to the client for review!!  As a CPA I can be trusted not to e-file a return until the return is finalized!!  We are not idiots and this ProSeries protocol is a hindrance to work flow.  Please change it.

Labels (1)
0 Cheers
2 Replies 2
Highlighted
Level 15
Level 15

We've been told this is state mandated, not a ProSeries choice. 

Apparently not all people can be trusted to not mail in forms with DO NOT FILE splattered across the front, its a big enough issue that the some states have made the software companies block the ability to print until the form is finalized.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
Highlighted
Level 1

I have been printing my clients returns with no problem from my station.  All of a sudden, I get this "Unable to print state/city forms for this client, no state/city returns were found" and I cannot print from my station, but if I go to another station, I can (???), inconvenience because not only does my client have to wait for resolution of printing, I have the next appointment waiting outside wanting to know what is going on.  Same issue with my next client.  Loss of time, and a huge amount of frustration for everyone.  Please help.  I am on the phone on hold trying to talk to someone in ProSeries.  Thank you.

0 Cheers