Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Non Filer Portal Mistakes

Douglas923
Level 1

I am not  required to fill out a tax form, so I use the non-filer tool to fill out my form on April 11 of 2020. After I submitted the form electronically, I noticed the box that says someone could use me as a dependent had a X in it, but I am single  and nobody can use me as a dependent. What am I to do to fix this mistake? And I’m wondering if this is why I have not received my economic payment yet. Please help me to figure out what I need to do. I can’t call IRS to give them any additional information or to let them know it’s incorrect. Thanks 

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

2 Comments 2
qbteachmt
Level 15

You seem to be lost on the internet.

You’ve come to a Peer User community for Intuit Tax Preparation products supporting tax preparation professionals, and you may be looking for support as an individual taxpayer. Please visit the TurboTax Help site for support.

Thanks.

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
George4Tacks
Level 15

Very carefully file your 2020 tax return with all the correct information and you should get the EIP refund on based on it. All the prior amounts were just advances on the 2020 credits. 

Best of luck. 

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns