Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No overwrite is allowed on a Proseries professional tax return. How do I transfer return?

peterhawaii
Level 3

How can I cancel the no overwrite allowed on a 2019 tax return I need to transfer to 2020.  This is for Pro Series Professional.

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

4 Comments 4
dkh
Level 15

To transfer clients for the first time from 2019 to 2020....open 2020 Program - select from the top left :  File then Transfer from the dropdown menu        or    select Transfer icon from second row

The only reason to have an overwrite issue is if you have already transferred 2019 to 2020 and need to re-transfer.   If that is the case,  I would delete the 2020 files, then transfer.

Hope this helps

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
Delete the client file in 2020 so you can retransfer it from 2019 without needing to overwrite?

There used to be a checkbox somewhere to allow overwriting, not sure if Ive seen it in 2020 though.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
peterhawaii
Level 3

Fixed by saving 2019 tax return with a new file name.  Now I am preparing 2020 tax return.

Terry53029
Level 14
Level 14

In the "options" under transfer, is a box to check to over ride existing client files