Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No IRS Continuing Education Credits for Intuit's 2 Day "Tax Season Readiness" Conference

TaxGuyBill
Level 15

I was curious, and I looked at the post for the 2-day "Tax Season Readiness" classes.

If you go the registration screen it does NOT ask for a PTIN. That seemingly indicates that even though Intuit is advertising that you get up to 8 free CPE, that CPE does NOT qualify for the IRS.

I wonder how many annoyed tax preparers there will be that THOUGHT they were going to get CPE for towards the IRS, then later realize they get nothing.

After looking at the titles of the classes, I guess it makes sense. It seems like most of the "classes" are mostly advertising Intuit products, which would not qualify for CPE for the IRS.

13 Comments 13
IRonMaN
Level 15

"Intuit is advertising that you get up to 8 free CPE, that CPE does NOT qualify for the IRS"

That's why it's free. If it was worth something, they would charge you for it 😁

Slava Ukraini!
IntuitGabi

For CE and CPE credits, you can use the labels on the event page as filters.
All events can be seen here on the training site: https://proconnect.intuit.com/training/

The virtual conference has speakers from all departments of Intuit, we're excited to kick off the new year! Here's some time slots that might interest you:

Day 1

10:00-10:20 Day 1 Opening Keynote from Jasen Stine, Intuit’s Training and Education Leader for the Tax and Accounting Profession

10:30-11:30 Tax Season Briefing with Lacerte
10:30-11:30 Tax Season Briefing with ProConnect Tax
10:30-11:30 Tax Season Briefing with ProSeries

1:10-2:10 Your Top Questions in Lacerte
1:10-2:10
Your Top Questions in ProConnect Tax
Your Top Questions in ProSeries

2:15-3:15 Lacerte and ProConnect Tax Developer Panel
2:15-3:15 ProSeries Developer Panel

Day 2

10:00-10:20 Road Trip with Renee Daggett, CEO of AdminBooks

10:30-11:30 Tax Year 2022- Tax Law Update & Key Insights

2:15-3:15 Today's Threats and How to Protect Your Firm

3:20-3:40 Shift Your Mindset For The Upcoming Busy Season

Check out the full agenda and course descriptions for more information.

{editing to add that I'll look into how credits for this conference works, thanks!}

0 Cheers
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

Gabi, both of the posts that you posted say "earn CPE credits". The registration page says "CPE credits: Up to 8".

So it seemingly may give CPE to CPA, but NOT to those who need CPE for the IRS (Enrolled Agents and whatever the other certificate registration thingy is called).

0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15

The rest of us need CE

There are 7 courses here https://proconnect.intuit.com/training/professional-webinars/

4 offer CE.

I use CPAacadamy Pick your time zone, profession (or ethics) and ZOILA! there are several CE courses

https://www.cpaacademy.org/search_webinar?search_box=&field_of_study=&professional_designation=Enrol...

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

@George4Tacks wrote:

The rest of us need CE

Ah, you are right.

I think most education providers just call it CPE (see links below) because most classes cover both, but you are right, the IRS just calls it CE.

https://www.natptax.com/EventsAndEducation/eEducation/packages/Pages/default.aspx

https://checkpointlearning.thomsonreuters.com/CPE-Packages/Compare-CPE-Subscriptions

rcooley25
Level 11

Would reccomend Natp.

0 Cheers
IntuitGabi

I have some more details, hope this helps: 
CE credits are available for

Day 1
CPE: 1
CE: 1 -- 
10:30-11:30
 Tax Season Briefing with Lacerte
10:30-11:30 Tax Season Briefing with ProConnect Tax
10:30-11:30 Tax Season Briefing with ProSeries

Day 2
10:30-11:30 Tax Year 2022- Tax Law Update & Key Insights

Here's the full breakdown for credits for the virtual conference Dec 13-14 2022: 

Day 1

10:30-11:30
 Tax Season Briefing with Lacerte
10:30-11:30 Tax Season Briefing with ProConnect Tax
10:30-11:30 Tax Season Briefing with ProSeries

CPE: 1 --
11:50-12:50
QuickBooks Desktop at Year End
11:50-12:50
QuickBooks Online at Year End

Your Top Questions in Lacerte
Your Top Questions in ProConnect Tax
Your Top Questions in ProSeries

2:15-3:15
 Lacerte and ProConnect Tax Developer Panel
2:15-3:15 ProSeries Developer Panel

Day 2

10:30-11:30 Tax Year 2022- Tax Law Update & Key Insights

11:50-12:50 Implementing and Communicating Tax Savings Strategies During Tax Season

Intuit Solutions Showcase

2:15-3:15 Today's Threats and How to Protect Your Firm

The virtual conference portal stays open for 90 days after the event where you can download certificates.

If it's passed the 90 days, you can email PCGTraining@intuit.com to retrieve certificates. 

0 Cheers
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

How can Intuit offer CE if it doesn't ask for a PTIN?

The registration for the other programs (which give CE) ask for your PTIN to receive credit.  But this doesn't.

Personally, I'm not interested because most of Intuit's presentations are just advertisements.  But things don't seem right for those who want credit.

0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15

PTIN is required:

Capture.JPG

In the presentation, there is a toggle to Update your PTIN

At the end of the presentation, there is a survey and the Certificate is e-mailed from pcgtraining@training.intuit.com

TaxGuyBill
Level 15

No, that registration page is precisely my point. Although the other "classes" have the entry for PTIN, the "Tax Season Readiness" one that I am talking about does NOT have that.

CE.jpg

0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15

The conference offers CPE credits, NOT CE credits. 

Capture.JPG

PTIN would be required for CE Credits. 

0 Cheers
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

Yes, you had corrected me on the CE versus CPE earlier in post, but then Gabi came back and stated that some CE is available (see her post earlier).  But without asking for a PTIN, that won't happen.

0 Cheers
IntuitGabi

If you have hiccups receiving the credits you earned, please private message me or reach out to PCGTraining@intuit.com and we'll figure out next steps. 

0 Cheers