Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No 1040NR selection in the drop-down menu

caj111
Level 4

Hello,

In last year's software for the 2020 returns, there was an option to do 1040NR (non-resident) returns.  In this year's software for the 2021 returns, there is no such option for 1040NR returns.  I have checked the box for 1040NR under the "Select and Download New Products" under the Update menu, so I know that's not the problem.  Did I purchase the wrong package? Far as I know I have the same one as last year, where I could do 1040NR returns.  What am I missing here?

3 Comments 3
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Hasnt been released yet, looks like the 10th.

https://myproconnect.intuit.com/releasedates

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
caj111
Level 4

I just spoke with ProSeries, and am now being told that the 1040NR won't be available until February 17.  What makes me nervous is that it doesn't even show up on the drop-down menu in the HomeBase.  Other returns that aren't ready to file do show up in the drop-down menu.  I really hope it shows up on that date.  

0 Cheers
caj111
Level 4

Now the Form 1040NR shows up in the drop-down menu and I can prepare it, but it will not be available for electronic filing until March 3.  Gee thanks Intuit.  I have NEVER seen it be this late. What, exactly is the problem this year with this and so many other state forms?

0 Cheers