Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NJ Corporation e-file fiscal year

linda2
Level 5

I e-filed NJ Corp with a year end of September 2019 at the end of February when the forms were finally ready.  It's been accepted by Intuit but not NJ.  Has anyone else had this problem?  Is this a NJ issue?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

11 Comments 11
DDDad
Level 2

Linda, have you gotten that return accepted yet?  We have the same issue on a 9/30 NJ fiscal corp.  It has now been 18 days since fed acceptance and still nothing from NJ.

Thanks,

0 Cheers
linda2
Level 5

I have 4 returns waiting since March 20 and none have been accepted by NJ.  They say accepted by Intuit.  I update the status every few days and nothing.  I'm not sure if this is an Intuit issue or NJ.  We filed Federal by the due date of December 15 and had no problems.

0 Cheers
linda2
Level 5

An update on NJ fiscal year e-file.  It turns out the returns were accepted by NJ but it's not showing in my E-File center.  I called ProSeries and the rep looked into it and said the software wasn't updating the acceptances.  She showed me how to check going through Proconnect where I saw it was accepted.  She offered to help me rebuild Homebase to fix it but I didn't have the time to do it.  I'm not e-filing any more 2018 so it doesn't matter to me.  Hope this helps anyone else with this problem.

0 Cheers
mwaintman
Level 2

Im filing a 209 fiscal year return 1120 with a 9/30 year end. NJ it telling me that it needs to be a 2020 tax return. How do I go about doing that?

0 Cheers
linda2
Level 5

You need to download the NJ fiscal year tax forms which Intuit includes in the tax software.  However, you must pay a fee per NJ return upon filing the form.  The forms are not available from NJ yet but NJ has granted an automatic extension for September year ends to April 15, 2020.  It's anybody's guess when NJ will finalize the forms.  Granting the extension has bought them more time, so we'll see....

0 Cheers
linda2
Level 5

April 15, 2021, NOT 2020.   2020 doesn't want to go away.

0 Cheers
DDDad
Level 2

Just be careful, as the extension did not extend the due date of any payments.  Tax due would still need to be paid by original due date.

0 Cheers
linda2
Level 5

Yes, that's right.  Forgot to mention that.   No extension on tax due or 2021 estimates.

0 Cheers
mwaintman
Level 2

Hi I saw that NJ extended the deadline to May 15th, but as I posted a few months ago I need to file a 2020 NJ return for a 2019 C corp. Can I access 2020 NJ thru the 2019 program or do I have to do it thru the 2020 program?

0 Cheers
mwaintman
Level 2

Hi, does anybody know?

0 Cheers
linda2
Level 5

I think it depends on your year-end. 

0 Cheers