Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NJ corp when federal is S-Corp

Richard W
Level 3

I have a client that is an 1120-S for federal purposes, but a C-corp for New Jersey purposes. I can't seem to add the NJ Return to the client. advise?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Accountant-Man
Level 13

It hasn't been released yet. I think 2/28  or 2/29 is the supposed release date, as of today.

You have to keep updating to see if it shows up.

According to the Yellow Bar on my 2018 software I just opened, the initial main forms FOR NJ FISCAL 2019 were released 2/20/20. It's only about 7 months later than it should be.

(fyi, this is a NJ state issue, NOT Intuit's issue)

** I'm still a champion... of the world! Even without The Lounge.

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
3 Comments 3
Accountant-Man
Level 13

It hasn't been released yet. I think 2/28  or 2/29 is the supposed release date, as of today.

You have to keep updating to see if it shows up.

According to the Yellow Bar on my 2018 software I just opened, the initial main forms FOR NJ FISCAL 2019 were released 2/20/20. It's only about 7 months later than it should be.

(fyi, this is a NJ state issue, NOT Intuit's issue)

0 Cheers
Richard W
Level 3

Thanks, that's helpful to understand why... doesn't help when the S/H's are screaming for K-1s!!!!

0 Cheers
Accountant-Man
Level 13

You could give them the federal K-1s, but not the NJ K-1s, if they're that antsy.

Assuming they trust YOU and not the software, they should accept your apologies for something outside your control. If they are so angry that they need to hire someone else WHOSE SOFTWARE WORKS, then

GOOD RIDDANCE!

0 Cheers