Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NJ-630 Extension Payment Date for Electronic Withdrawal

Taxes-by-Rocky
Level 7

Does anyone know if ProSeries will process a New Jersey extension payment for an individual electronically using a 4/15/21 date?  At the moment, the NJ Information Worksheet will not accept a payment withdrawal date later than 4/15/21.

Is this something that will be fixed in ProSeries or will a 4/15/21 date work even now to process the payment?

It does not seem that the extension payment is late at this point and I'm not interested in using the NJ DOR website for the payment?

State of NJ - Department of the Treasury - Division of Taxation - COVID-19 Information

Any insight would be helpful.  Thank you in advance.

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Taxes-by-Rocky
Level 7

Just thought I would respond to my own question....for anyone else wondering and stuck in customer service.

It would appear that only Lacerte and ProConnect can file a NJ-630 extension electronically, but not ProSeries.  See link and click on NJ.

1040 state extension frequently asked questions - Intuit Accountants Community

View solution in original post

11 Comments 11
Accountant-Man
Level 13

I too have the same question.

** I'm still a champion... of the world! Even without The Lounge.
0 Cheers
Taxes-by-Rocky
Level 7

Just thought I would respond to my own question....for anyone else wondering and stuck in customer service.

It would appear that only Lacerte and ProConnect can file a NJ-630 extension electronically, but not ProSeries.  See link and click on NJ.

1040 state extension frequently asked questions - Intuit Accountants Community

linda2
Level 5

Then why is it an option in ProSeries if it can't be filed electronically? 

0 Cheers
Taxes-by-Rocky
Level 7

That is the mystery.....having had other problems with NJ returns this year I'm not surprised.

I've gone with paper rather than leaving it to chance.

0 Cheers
linda2
Level 5

I file the NJ extensions on the NJ website.  It's pretty painless.

0 Cheers
bob808
Level 3

I tried to go to the NJ website to file a an extension with a payment for a non NJ resident but it only seems to allow for NJ residents to file an extension online. 

0 Cheers
linda2
Level 5

Click NJ1040-NR on the bottom of the page.

Skylane
Level 11
Level 11

Rocky,

the federal has to be accepted before the nj 630 will efile. I think i got one accepted with  ach and the 4/15 (hard coded ) date. Will let you know

If at first you don’t succeed…..find a workaround
0 Cheers
Taxes-by-Rocky
Level 7

Skylane,

Just saw this and much appreciated.

Went with the paper but all good.

Regards,

0 Cheers
skrampel
Level 1

That's not the case, if you're filing the extension on the NJ website. It's a pain.... ProSeries should have addressed this.

Good luck 

Happy Tax Day 🙂

0 Cheers
Skylane
Level 11
Level 11

@Taxes-by-Rocky 

(Somehow) it was actually accepted (3rd try).... whether they take the money is another story....

did you get any no efile rejections recently? I got a flurry of them yesterday with a reject message that nj is now following federal coronavirus guidelines but the software won’t be available til at or after 5/20.... since the federal returns have been accepted, I’m filing nj630s online with the DOR.

If at first you don’t succeed…..find a workaround
0 Cheers