Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NJ 1040

kellehercpa
Level 2

ANY IDEA WHEN NJ 1040 FORMS WILL BE READY? THANK YOU.

28 Comments 28
dkh
Level 15

You can check here   https:myproconnect.intuit.com/releasedates

OrantesTaxPro
Level 3

All NJ forms are up to date. Form NJ-8879 is the only one that shows up as not being available until 02/10/22 which makes no sense. Could be the reason why all my NJ returns aren't printing. Not sure what's going on. 

Accountant-Man
Level 12

So if you remove the NJ efile, can you print NJ 1040?

** I'm still a champion... of the world! Even without The Lounge.
0 Cheers
kellehercpa
Level 2

I tried. No luck.

Since 99.9% of the returns will be efiled, we should be able to least print them out.

The forms are out on the NJ Division of Taxation website

Why the delay.

0 Cheers
Tom Schad
Level 3

I Have efiled 1 simple NJ return (and it was accepted) but can not Print

This doesn't  make sense.

0 Cheers
hankinstax
Level 5

Perhaps the 5th of Never......

0 Cheers
FTAX
Level 5

@IntuitGabi 

According to the website, the NJ 1040 IS FINAL. So, the only reason we cannot print it is that NO ONE at Intuit it is working on this, or even paying attention.  It could be available tomorrow, next week, a month from now ... we have NO WAY of knowing.  

IntuitGabi

It's common that some forms are EF-Ready but not Finalized for printing. Please check out this link for more details: Forms Availability Frequently Asked Questions

**Did this answer your questions? If so, select "Accept as solution".
0 Cheers
FTAX
Level 5

@IntuitGabi 

That is a reply, but NOT an answer.  The link you provide says this about NJ 1040:

Form NJ-1040, Income Tax Resident ReturnFinal, EF Ready

It SAYS the form is FINAL. IF there is anOther date, PLEASE STOP DANCING AROUND THE ISSUE and give us an idea WHEN we will be able to print.

Tom Schad
Level 3

Still no updates but you can efile the return and get it accepted-I have only done 1 that way and am holding off the others but this slows down the process

No answer from proseries yet?

FTAX
Level 5

We've all lost interest, just as Intuit has lost interest in us. @IntuitGabi   Even down 20% this month, Intuit still has an $160 billion market cap, so that fact that I have spent over $100,000 on their products over the last 25 years is MEANINGLESS to them.

I've got it down now where I can screen-print 4 NJ pages with that stupid watermark, then crop, print and collate in about 3 minutes.  So, every ten returns, Proseries is only stealing a half hour of my time.  

I could probably even get it closer to 2 minutes if I could control myself from taking my fingers off my keyboard and giving the software the 'finger' every 10 seconds.

Tom Schad
Level 3

too much work

I will wait for correction. Did efile some federal returns to see how long the refunds will take with advanced credit eic dependent care and stim 3-figure might as well get them ion line they might have the refund by the time they get married in June

FTAX
Level 5

I hear you, but it's easier doing it for 5 or 6 returns now than going back in a couple of weeks when I already doing 20 or so a day.  If Intuit could just LET US KNOW, I might not be doing this.  If I knew tomorrow or Monday that I could print, I would wait, but if it winds up being a week or two away, I don't what to be behind that much work.

Tom Schad
Level 3

NO update this am

Took a look at the list of expected form approval-NJ 1040 es 2/17-thats crazy

Wonder if other software providers are having same issues-I know lacerte isnt ready

hankinstax
Level 5

I was informed, ref AL returns, that there would be no 2/3 update correcting the issue.  They now anticipate 2/17, a full three weeks into filing season.  Intuit is still towing the company line the issue rest with the states.  I do not accept that.

Tom Schad
Level 3

Might be time to look at other software for next tax season

We order everthing from them -unlimited all states esignature DMS Fixed asset -around 9000+ this year. 

This might push us to look at drake or other  non intuit alternatives

We did migrate from ultratax years ago and while a great software very pricy for 2 locations at the time-they wanted 2 licenses and thats when we moved.

FTAX
Level 5

At best, they have become hyper-sensitive to compliance issues with the states, rendering them, essentially useless to us.  No one preparing tax returns for a living is printing out hard copies to be MAILED to the states. 99.9% are e-filed.  They could choose to watermark the sh*t out of the forms with disclosures and not hijack our computers, but they have nothing but contempt for us.  

michelleloper
Level 2

So, even though the NJ8879 is showing is not final, you had no problems converting the file and it made it through e-file no problem?  Worried that it won't convert and then I won't be able to piggyback it via the Fed return if it doesn't convert correctly due to a form not being final.  

0 Cheers
kellehercpa
Level 2

AGAIN NO UPDATE TODAY. 02/10/22. NO EXPLANATION WHY. PUSHED BACK ANOTHER WEEK.

ONE OF THE LARGEST STATES IN THE COUNTRY AND NOT READY.

AT LEAST LET US PRINT.

0 Cheers
Tom Schad
Level 3

1041 is working.

It just boggles that you can efile certain NJ 1040's but can't print them.

And its Higher end product(lacerte) is processing NJ 's .

0 Cheers
tony_king
Level 2

Can you confirm the update has been pushed back another week?  I see in the update 2/10/22 that NJ is finalized but I can not print the NJ 1040.   I do not see another date posted!  I am hoping that the update/fix will occur over the next day or so if not over the weekend.

0 Cheers
Tom Schad
Level 3

NO I can not . I thought I saw that in this forum or on proseries updates

No update this am

0 Cheers
Budmeister
Level 3

It is now 2/11/22, still no official reply from Intuit!!  Poor excuse for a tax preparing company.

Cannot believe it is just a bureaucratic New Jersey issue -- C'on Intuit put some pressure on the FIX !!

0 Cheers
FTAX
Level 5

I am CERTAIN that this is simply Intuit's legal department taking an EXTREMELY defensive interpretation of a few state's guidelines.  Does ANYONE seriously believe that a software company will be fined or somehow punished by a state for a taxpayer sending them a document created by an accountant loaded with watermarks telling that NOT to file it?  It is RIDICULOUS. Anyone excusing Intuit because 'it is a state issue' is simply obsequious on steroids.  

0 Cheers
Ban
Level 2

Asof late yesterday (feb 11), If you disable the printing of the NJ8879, the NJ 1040 may be printed.  NJ8879 may be disabled through

File => Print =>

Global Print Oprions =>

Control Wich Forms Print

Select (At top right) NJ individual 1040, then

Efile Forms,then

8879, then

then say Never for all categorys.

If you ever need to print the NJ 8879, restore it back when the printing of the 8879 becomes available.

0 Cheers
Budmeister
Level 3

Is this on the Pro version?  Cannot find Global print options on the Basic program.

0 Cheers
Ban
Level 2

Yes, Pro version

I'm not familiar with the Basic version.  Hope you find an answer.

0 Cheers
henrymatw
Level 2

As a work around, uncheck filing the State return electronically in the info worksheet to prevent form 8879 from being used.  This will allow you to print the NJ state return.  Just remember to check it again before efiling. 🙂

0 Cheers