Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NH business tax e-filing

Jim9
Level 2

ProSeries still does not allow for e-filing of NH business tax returns, though NH implemented it 4-5 years ago and ALL my colleagues that use other tax software have been e-filing NH returns since NH started allowing it.  NH practitioners have to print the returns, sign/date them, get hard copies into the client's hands to sign/date and then go to the post office to mail.  Any way to find out when ProSeries will get with the times and allow e-filing of NH business returns?  To boot, there is a NH loss carryforward form which is simple, would take a programmer hardly any time to implement, yet it's not in the NH forms.  In speaking with 2 different people at ProSeries last year, they said I simply had to download the form from the NH website, complete it manually, then include it with the paper-filed return I was giving my client.  So e-filing is a huge issue for NH returns but if implemented, it does no good if a client has a loss and the loss carryforward form is not part of the forms to complete and transmit with the return electronically.  I'm actually buying another tax software today, in addition to ProSeries, as it's very inexpensive and allows for NH business returns to be e-filed.  It's more than worth it to avoid printing, signing, providing to clients to do the same and then have to run to the post office, which is embarassing as well.    

0 Cheers
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Jim9
Level 2

Easy answer.  The other software is Drake, which you also buy for $345 for up to 15 returns and then just $23/return thereafter.  I have used Drake when helping a colleague.  ProSeries is a better software overall, easier to navigate and more user-friendly, so it would be a step backwards to switch to Drake for all returns.  However, it makes all the sense in the world, considering the insanely low price of Drake, to put all NH business clients into Drake for the huge convenience of e-filing PLUS the fact Drake has the loss-carryforward form.  

View solution in original post

2 Comments 2
IRonMaN
Level 15

So why not just switch to the other software rather than be frustrated by Intuit?

Slava Ukraini!
Jim9
Level 2

Easy answer.  The other software is Drake, which you also buy for $345 for up to 15 returns and then just $23/return thereafter.  I have used Drake when helping a colleague.  ProSeries is a better software overall, easier to navigate and more user-friendly, so it would be a step backwards to switch to Drake for all returns.  However, it makes all the sense in the world, considering the insanely low price of Drake, to put all NH business clients into Drake for the huge convenience of e-filing PLUS the fact Drake has the loss-carryforward form.