Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"New York City formset" quoted from ProSeries During NY State Non-resident Information Worksheet

Highlighted

The 2019 NY Information Worksheet has a section for the NY UBT, but it just aborts on me with language that goes nowhere with guidance to the "New York City formset". Intuit ProSeries - Guys - what does this mean??? There is no help in the instructions or in the Help screens, and I don't want to waste my time calling your support line and getting no answers 50% of the time.

Program glitch for 2019?

Labels (1)
0 Cheers
3 Replies 3
Highlighted
Level 15

@Emilio Di Iorio wrote:

There is no help in the instructions or in the Help screens, and I don't want to waste my time calling your support line and getting no answers 50% of the time.

This forum is fielded by primarily users like you.  We feel for you but you are not addressing your complaint to the right people, although there are a few Intuit moderators who stop by from time to time.

If you care to add a bit more color to what type of return you are preparing (e.g. IT-203) and which tax form/schedule the NY Information Worksheet is for, someone may be able to help.

At a high level, NYS-NR just don't get any credit for NYC UBT but not sure if that's what you are looking for.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 1

I cannot file a New York City Unincorporated Business Tax return  (Form NYC - 202/NYC-202S) thru the program.

I have the professional version of ProSeries.

See  "New York City formset" above   ?????

Am I reading this correctly that ProSeries does not do a NYC UBT return and that it work need to be done manually ?  

This doesn't make sense. 

0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 3

Just got off the phone with tech support because there's no online guidance on how to select the NYC formset.  Here's how you do it:

-select NY state forms by clicking on the "ST" button and selecting New York individual

-select NYC forms by clicking on the "ST" button again and selecting NYC individual forms

You have to cycle through the state forms to get to the NYC forms each time.  Not a good design.

0 Cheers