Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New virtual currency question on Schedule 1. I am certain zero of my clients trade in virtual currency. Is there a way to answer No in each file en masse rather than each

Greta
Level 9

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
itonewbie
Level 15
"I am certain zero of my clients trade in virtual currency"

The only confidence you can have under the law is to have the documentation on file, e.g. response from your client, to evident that your clients don't have any.  Being able to read the minds of your clients or knowing them since childhood will just not cut it.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
7 Comments 7
itonewbie
Level 15
"I am certain zero of my clients trade in virtual currency"

The only confidence you can have under the law is to have the documentation on file, e.g. response from your client, to evident that your clients don't have any.  Being able to read the minds of your clients or knowing them since childhood will just not cut it.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

You could edit the client template and mark the box and that would auto check the box for any new clients...not sure there is any option for returning clients.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
nope, the client template wont let me mark that box at all...sorry

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
lets just hope its one of those things that trigger a red error alert so we remember to check that box!

0 Cheers
clr600
Level 8
You will need to check the box on the 1040/1040SR works then it will flow to Sch 1
0 Cheers
AmandaDera
Level 1

1040/1040SR Wks in section sch 1 add income and adjust before part 1 

0 Cheers
ChrisCPA1
Level 3

For the DEV team... PLEASE LET US AUTO default this question.  I literally updated software this AM and e-filed over 100 returns.  21 kicked out because of this issue.  It took me a half hour to click NO for EVERY one of these!  

0 Cheers