Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

new pay per return system

I used the new credit card authorization system on Thursday.  The first time the charge went through for the $41 plus tax.  I used the new system again on Friday for a $41.00 charge.  Lo and behold I was charged $4,496.96.  There seems to be a problem with the new system and it is not working correctly.  There is no way I authorized a $4,466.96 charge for a $41.00 return.  Have others had the same problem?   When I call for billing problems, all the computer wants to do is send me the explanation on how to use the new system.  I need to talk to some one to correct this overcharge.  Any ideas on how to get someone's attention?

0 Cheers
11 Comments 11
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

@IntuitGabi 

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
Id call the phone number that shows on the CC statement next to the charge, if that fails call the CC company and dispute it.

TaxGuyBill
Level 15

Any chance the decimal point disappeared, so $4100 was entered (and the rest is sales tax)?

This was 2:30 in the afternoon when I made the charge when I was bright eyed and bushy tailed and not subject to entering $4,165 as opposed to $41.00.  The charge came back as $4,165.00 plus sales tax.

This has to be a glitch in their system and I'm surprised that TT has not issued a note on this and how they are going to correct the problem.

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
this isnt TT.

I havent seen anyone else mention this issue yet...but the new system is still pretty "new".

I went back and double checked mine, both went through for the $118 as expected.

0 Cheers

Lisa,

It may be Pro Series now but back in 1989 when I started with them they were Turbo Tax or TT and it's how I still refer to them.  It's my shorthand.

0 Cheers
DonG
Level 2

I had the same problem?  They took $7,000 plus from me and said I had to go thru a lengthy refund process and it is still a mess.  So unfair and unnecessary.  If they can jerk $7,000 out of my account they should be able to put it back immediately.

Don Gipe

DonG
Level 2

I had the same thing happened to me in April, but with $7,000 plus dollars.  They jerked it out of my account but said it would take a lengthy process to get it back into my account.  So unfair and preposterous.

Don in Covington, OH

0 Cheers
DonG
Level 2

I tried that and every time I had my credit card company put it back into my account, Intuit would take it back out.  So annoying!

Don G in Covington, OH.

0 Cheers
dongipecpa
Level 1

I agree wholehartedly.

DonG

0 Cheers
wllmdx
Level 1

I just noticed yesterday that I had the same thing happen.  On April 11th there was a $4,632 (plus tax) charge to my credit card for what should have been only $184.  I called the number that was next to the charge on my credit card statement.  I ended up talking to someone who acknowledged that there is a glitch due to the switch to the new process.  He was able to look at the PPR audit report and see the overcharge.  They then walked me through the process of sending them a copy of the audit report which he said will result in a refund to my credit card in about 5 to 7 days.  The whole process took me about a half hour. 

0 Cheers