Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Microsoft Edge (6.10.20)

Taxes-by-Rocky
Level 7

The new Microsoft Edge which Microsoft is trying to get me to install (as of 6.10.20) and which apparently is based, in part, on a Google Chrome platform, allegedly has the old IE 11 embedded within it.  Historically, I recall that parts of ProSeries operate using IE 11 (as opposed to Edge).

Does anyone know if ProSeries (current and prior years) will operate properly with this new version of Microsoft Edge (with IE 11 embedded within it).  That is, can we all download and install it?

Anyone?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Comment 1
itonewbie
Level 15

Microsoft Edge still doesn't work well with some legacy websites.  Officially, it is not supported by ProSeries.

Given the vulnerabilities and Microsoft's own statement about IE, it is difficult to understand why anyone would still want to use it (https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/windows-it-pro-blog/the-perils-of-using-internet-explorer-as-...).

If I were you, I'd give Edge a try and rollback to IE 11 in case it doesn't function correctly.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar