Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New computer - installing 2018 problem

Ernie
Level 9

I just received a new laptop.  I installed 2018 and it did the updates.  I am attempting to sign in.  The login screen comes up but I am not able to sign in - even though the field is in focus it will not accept any characters that I type.

I restarted several times so far.

Dusty Ernie

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Orlando
Intuit Alumni

Yes! If you wait a few hours and update it should be fixed - we are pushing out a TaxYear 18 update with a fix for that today.

Alternatively you can apply the fix for TY18 manually by following the steps here: https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/manage-access/help/manage-users-sign-in-screen-is-blank/00/5...

(Today's update will just do that automatically)

If you're wondering, that login dialog is a web thing hosted in a small version of Chrome we include.  It has an issue with Microsoft technology that you're running into.. I see it on my HP Envy with intel iRISxE Graphics Card.  This fix switches back to the older internet explorer component used by TaxYear 17 and older.  In the summer, we're hoping to move everything to Microsoft's newer component once they release it.

View solution in original post

7 Comments 7
Ernie
Level 9

@Orlandoany thoughts on what I need to do?

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
Ive seen this mentioned before, I cant remember what the issue was though, sorry.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
Orlando
Intuit Alumni

Yes! If you wait a few hours and update it should be fixed - we are pushing out a TaxYear 18 update with a fix for that today.

Alternatively you can apply the fix for TY18 manually by following the steps here: https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/manage-access/help/manage-users-sign-in-screen-is-blank/00/5...

(Today's update will just do that automatically)

If you're wondering, that login dialog is a web thing hosted in a small version of Chrome we include.  It has an issue with Microsoft technology that you're running into.. I see it on my HP Envy with intel iRISxE Graphics Card.  This fix switches back to the older internet explorer component used by TaxYear 17 and older.  In the summer, we're hoping to move everything to Microsoft's newer component once they release it.

Ernie
Level 9

@Orlando  thanks, I will want and do the update from the start menu.

I appreciate the quick response.

Dusty Ernie

IRonMaN
Level 15

Orlando is always great at responding ---------------------- personally, I don't know when he sleeps.

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
Orlando
Intuit Alumni

Some days are better than others.. sleep wise, depending on what problems are out there and which we can actually do something about.

Responsiveness wise.. depends on meetings.. but I sure appreciate those of you who are on here answering all the known issues and all the tax questions. It helps tremendously to be able to narrow down to problems we can fix.

IRonMaN
Level 15

@Orlando  - I have been visiting this place for a long time ----------------- a really long time.  This place has acted as a stress reliever at times and it just makes me feel a little better when I can help another preparer out.  I have always tried to sprinkle in a little humor with that help when I can.  There are times when folks don't have a particularly good sense of humor so not everyone always appreciates the humor.  Over the years there have been times when I ask myself why I spend so much time here because of the lack of anyone from Intuit backing us up when we don't have the answers.  Often we have "called for backup" only to find backup wasn't coming.  You have always responded promptly and honestly and I know I really appreciate that and I know others feel the same.  Thanks for all that you do.

Slava Ukraini!