Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network print settings

Lord Happy
Level 5

Happy day,

I have a network of 10 workstations and a server. On the server, I customized the print settings for forms to print, the order in which I want them to print, etc.  It does not seem to populate to the workstations. 

1. Is there an option to select that would allow the print settings to populate from the server to the workstations?

2. Is there a file I could move to the work stations that would use the settings I have created?

Thank you in advance for any response, pithy, accurate or otherwise, that you provide.

7 Comments 7
IntuitAngela_13
Employee
Employee

@Lord Happy These print settings should be flowing to all of your workstations, as they are stored in the ProNet21\common folder. When you installed the workstations, did you run the workstation installer from the ProNet21\wkstn folder on each of the workstation machines?

You can confirm the Common file path by looking at ProWin\32bit\ProWin21.ini on the workstation machine. It should look something like: CommonFiles=\\SERVER NAME\ProSeries\ProNet21\Common

0 Cheers
Lord Happy
Level 5

Happy day,

In a 2.5 hour long support session, Robin and Sakaria both stated that print options do not flow from the server and that all workstations must be manually set.  Case #1577323007.

Additionally, on the 1065, the 199A worksheet and the 179 carryforward statement related to 8825 activity, are printing as the first pages of the return, in front of the 1065.  Robin stated that this was a known and internally published error when the 8879-PE is moved to the top of the print order.  Robin suggested changing the print order as a temporary fix.  Subsequent testing with Robin proved that this was not the case.

Hair Loss Score = +18

0 Cheers
IntuitAngela_13
Employee
Employee

@Lord Happy We are currently aware of an issue where certain forms will print ahead of the return when the print order is changed. The only way to avoid this, at this time, is to not adjust the print order. We are currently investigating this print order issue.

As for the Print Order settings flowing to the workstations, yes those are stored on the server. There are other print settings that are stored locally on each machine, but Print Order is not one of them.

0 Cheers
Lord Happy
Level 5

Happy day Angela,

Heh...yeah, that's sort of an issue.  Various pages printing out of order.  Who knows what the original order was to set it back to.  More importantly, we won't trust the software to get the order correct. Where would I have looked to see that this was an issue being worked on, and not just something on my end which burned 3+ hours of time?  

As we have now discovered, a workstation admin user and a workstation non-admin user are both able to make changes to global print order options and have them flow to other work stations.  The good news is that I'll set the options and threaten staff with immolation if they change it.  😄 

0 Cheers
IntuitAngela_13
Employee
Employee

There have been multiple posts here in about the print order being off. The moderators and myself have responded to a few of these posts indicating we are aware of the issue. Other than that, the only way would a call into support.

As far as resetting the order back the original order, there is a Restore button on the Change Print Order dialog to get the order back to it's original state.

I will respond back to this post once I have more details on when a fix might be available.

0 Cheers
Lord Happy
Level 5

Happy day Angela,

I try hard not to watch all posts as they come in, and was instead wondering if there was a chat where systemic issues might be posted by devs.  I've been enjoying the issue for quite some time and after 5 weeks of waiting for updates to solve the issue, called support, who, after a couple of hours, then did the big reveal. 

In today's attempt to standardize what my staff are to do during assembly, I figured out that the items out of order on the 1065 filing copy are not the same as the ones out of order in the client copy, and that the presence of some business activities results in different forms being out of order.  I'm enjoying the guessing game and will simply do my best, because I do understand that these are complex issues.  My clients, alas, do not.  Happily, I am not in a war torn area, and will survive 😄

0 Cheers
IntuitAngela_13
Employee
Employee

@Lord Happy 

An update was released today that will help to alleviate the print order issue. If you haven't made many changes to the print order, you can fix the issue by restoring the default print order and then making adjustments to the printer order again.
If you do not want to restore your print order, the forms that were printing first will now print at the end instead.
We are working on an additional update that will allow you to adjust the order of the forms that are not printing in the correct order without having to restore to default print order, however this update will not be available for about a week.