Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

need to e-file 2021 returns even though 2022 tax season is open

KK16
Level 3

I need to e-file a few 2021 tax returns that I missed the e-file deadline in Nov 2022.  I am up and running with my 2022 proseries software with no issues.

See the error message below I keep getting:

Error Detail:
The year of the 'PrimarySignatureDt' in the Return Header must be equal to the processing year.
Error Resolution:
This return was rejected due to incorrect signature date. Review "Date PIN entered" on the Federal Information Worksheet. The date must be in the current calendar year to efile. Ignore error messaging about the reject if necessary.

So I go back into the return and change the date to the current date which was today's date 01-27-23 and then I get this error right after I enter it:

Federal Information Worksheet: Today's date is invalid for electronic filing.  The date must be on or after 01/01/2022 and on or before 12/31/2022.  

So no matter what date I enter such as 12-31-22 or the current date, I get an error both ways. I need to get my returns e-filed for 2021 asap.  How can this be fixed?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
abctax55
Level 15

lookie look what I found for you:

https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/proseries-tax-discussions/discussion/why-i-can-e-file-2021-r...

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"

View solution in original post

5 Comments 5
abctax55
Level 15

You have to override the efile diagnostic.

There are at least 20 threads on this, search for one that has the specific 'how'.

Or, wait for @IRonMaN  to answer (again). 

( Generic Comment )"
abctax55
Level 15

lookie look what I found for you:

https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/proseries-tax-discussions/discussion/why-i-can-e-file-2021-r...

( Generic Comment )"
IRonMaN
Level 15

Nope, not going to happen.  That question has worn me out.  😫

Slava Ukraini!
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

In short, the programmers at Intuit failed to update things.

Skylane
Level 11
Level 11

@IntuitGabi  any idea when they will release an update, patch, or fix? This is beyond old… in the old days the rule was that after receiving 1,256 posts on the same issue the automatic response would be “you must call  tech support”.    We figured it was good practice for support.

If at first you don’t succeed…..find a workaround