Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Proseries Basic keeps on shutting down when efiling. What's happening?

KathyNY
Level 2

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

2 Comments 2
Jill1891
Level 3

There was a Proseries Alert March 18th that they were aware that the program would crash randomly. Caused by an update. 

Apparently they have not fixed the problem yet. I have Proseries and it crashes multiple times a day. For now I've just learned to save every few clicks - very annoying, There are multiple system problems this year. More than normal. From what I can see, Proseries has made no attempt to correct any of them. Even though they've been brought to their attention. 

ceciengcpasf
Level 3

I'm an end user which has been experiencing same crashing problem.

I know Proseries tech department has been working on it since I've been working with them to track the culprit.  I've been sending them crash reports which you can get from your events viewer program in the Widows administrative tools.  The current direction is finding when the conflict started and if there were windows update that may have caused it.

From what I can decipher from error messages,  our machine started with the errors Feb 17.  The frequency may have increased and noticeable as we started working on more returns end of Feb to now.

I hope they find it soon.  We have been proseries customers ever since the product was called Macintax multiple decades ago.