Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My login stalls on the sign in and I can't access proseries

Quentin
Level 1

0 Cheers
7 Comments 7
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Do you get any type of message or error?

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
Jim-from-Ohio
Level 11

try task manager, close program, try to open it again.. If that does not work try restarting computer.

msmith7305
Level 7

Happens to me all the time. Just double click your start-up icon again. Always works for me.

taxes96786
Level 9

if all else fails, uninstall and reinstall the program

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

My home system did this yesterday, splash screen opened, sat frozen then disappeared, had to restart the computer then it was back to normal.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
Mel B
Level 1

Pro Series Basic 2022 crashes on sign in. I spent 3 hours with Intuit on 2 separate days with technician on my computer trying everything she could think of. Her final conclusion is that my computer is at fault.

Some more facts;

1. Pro Series Professional 2022 signs in just fine.

2. I have updated Microsoft windows including all the options

3. I have updated Microsoft Edge

4. I downloaded Basic onto a newer laptop and it also crashes at sign in.

0 Cheers
taxes96786
Level 9

Suggestions:

1. turn off computer, turn back on try to log in, if that doesn't work

2. open Pro Series Tools Hub, select program problems, follow instructions, try to log in, if that doesn't work

3. right click on command prompt, select run as administrator, type chkdsk C: f, enter, try to log in, if that doesn't work

4. Completely uninstall ProSeries, reinstall by downloading from your My Pro Series, if that doesn't work, sorry, I have no more suggestions.

This is why I don't upgrade windows unless/until the new upgrade is over 5 years old. Too many issues on new upgrades. I am sticking with Win 10.

0 Cheers