Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My client just informed me the bank information was wrong on the return I already efiled. He owes...what do I do now?

Level 1
Since the return was filed, and we are now past the July 15 deadline, how do I correct the situation?
Labels (1)
0 Cheers
2 Replies 2
Level 15
Level 15

You cant correct it.

If money was due, pay it by some other means.   

If a refund was due, they'll have to wait for the bank to bounce the direct deposit back to IRS and a refund check be issued and mailed to the address on the return.

Level 11
Level 11