Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My client is a foreign national that has a distribution company in the US that is an LLC, Do I use the normal 1065 to do the company 2019 tax return ?

Dak2019
Level 3

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

3 Comments 3
itonewbie
Level 15

1065 is for partnership.  Is the US LLC owned by more than one person?  If not, the US LLC is an SMLLC, which is a DRE.  This would mean that income/expenses of the SMLLC should be reported on the foreign national's return (1040-NR for NRA and 1040 for resident alien).  If the foreign national is an NRA, there will be some important additional reporting and filing requirements; see this recent discussion for more details: https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/proconnect-tax-online-discussions/discussion/does-proconnect...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
Dak2019
Level 3

The client is a partnership LLC its a father and son and neither of them are US citizens and residents. How do I treat this return?

0 Cheers
itonewbie
Level 15

1065 will need to be filed since this is a partnership and there will be various withholding requirements for US-ECI and FDAP with respect to these foreign partners.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar