Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mortgage forgiveness

Level 1

 have a client who received a 1099-A that shows a loan that was given back to her bank with the principal larger than the home value. How do I enter the numbers from the 1099-A and apply the exception to including this as income?

Labels (1)
0 Cheers
1 Reply 1
Level 7

Fill out Form 982, line 2. Check box 1e.

0 Cheers