Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Montana state form that always prints 11 pages when you need 2 or 3

Highlighted
Level 1

The state of Montana Form 2  printing is 11 pages long.  It only has 2 or 3 pages with information and I cannot figure out how to get it to not print the useless forms.  If I go to the form itself, it still prints 11 pages creating lots of toner and paper wasted.  The print a return page says 5 pages and prints 11 as well.  Any advice to solve this would be appreciated.

Labels (1)
0 Cheers
3 Replies 3
Highlighted
Level 8

before printing... do "Print Preiview"... uncheck the ones you want to print... 

I actually print preview nearly every return before printing.

The other choice is File>>Print Options>> Control Which Forms PRint>>> choose your Montana State return in the dropdown box... and tell it to Never print certain pages... or print only when required. Some forms may have "print if any info" as the default...which may be causing them to print in your case.

If an answer solves your issue, click on the "Accept as Solution" button! Makes it easier for people to find answers to similar questions that have already been posed.
Highlighted
Level 1

I tried your suggestion.  It has all the pages in form 2..ie 11 pages and you cannot seem to limit how many pages print. Proseries  lists 5 pages and there are really 11.  If I go to the tax return and print form 2 it still prints 11 pages.  I think they are all grouped together and there seems to be no way to seperate them.

0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 8

Try changing your setting to print to file and print to PDF.  Then you can choose which pages to send to the printer and leave the others just in the PDF.

Print.png

0 Cheers