Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing W2, and using last paystub; any idea how to file in basic proseries which we do not have access to form 4852?

onestop73
Level 3

Hello,

Any suggestions how to report wages off the paystub (missing W2) while using basic Proseries? Apparently, limitations on form on basic.

Thank you,

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

I agree.  If the W-2 is merely "missing",  it needs to be found or get a replacement copy.  If the employer refused to file one or the employee finds it impossible to get it, then 4852 should be used.

View solution in original post

10 Comments 10
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Form 4852 shows as available in Basic, you cant Efile with a 4852 though.

https://myproconnect.intuit.com/releasedates

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
abctax55
Level 15

Download the form, prepare manually, scan and attach? (If basic allows attachments)

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
itonewbie
Level 15

My understanding is that you should still be able to e-file a return with F.4852 but the EIN must be included.  It is allowed in the Schema and that's how it works with other tax products.

If the taxpayer had a prior year W-2, he/she should be able to retrieve the EINs for federal and state.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

4852.png

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
itonewbie
Level 15

Ic.  That's unfortunate.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
0 Cheers
itonewbie
Level 15

Taking a second look, I think what it means is that these forms don't get transmitted but the return can still be e-filed.  Probably should give it a try.

Still an AllStar
sjrcpa
Level 15

Have they tried contacting the employer and/or payroll company to get a copy? Has it perhaps been posted and available in the IRS transcript system (I know its early)?

Ex-AllStar
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

I agree.  If the W-2 is merely "missing",  it needs to be found or get a replacement copy.  If the employer refused to file one or the employee finds it impossible to get it, then 4852 should be used.

onestop73
Level 3

Thank you all for the great feedback and suggestions.

0 Cheers
itonewbie
Level 15

NP, @onestop73.  We're glad you found our suggestions helpful.  Cheers!

Still an AllStar
0 Cheers