Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing refund

DianeM1
Level 1

I efiled a Federal return 8 weeks ago and the client has still not had it deposited into her bank account.  Is there any way to get more info from the IRS?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

4 Comments 4
Camp1040
Level 10

irs.gov

"Get my refund status" 

ejdtaxman
Level 7

failing the above, you would have to get a POA and call the practitioner hotline: 866 860 4259. 

call toward the end of the day (hrs are 7-7), I've been told the traffic is lower then. 

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

hundreds of thousands of returns are sitting in limbo same as your client...IRS is just overwhelmed.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
ejdtaxman
Level 7

Sadly this is also true the case even with e-filed returns. 

I e-filed a 2019 1120_S with late 2553 election/relief under 2013-30, and I just today got the confirmation that the election was approved. 

There are POAs that I sent months ago that have not been processed as far as I can tell. 

It probably won't go back to normal until next year, if that. 

However, it is also possible your client's return has been flagged for something. If you go on the "where's my refund" status page and it says "your return is still being processed" with no other info, it's probable that this is the case. 

Best of luck to you and your client. 

0 Cheers