Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing client file

Hugh1955
Level 1

I finished and saved a return, but now it does not appear in my client list.

I checked the C:baswin19/19data directory and it is there.  How do I get this return to show in my client list?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

4 Comments 4
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Does Basic have a Homebase Database Maintenance option in the Tools menu maybe?

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
Hugh1955
Level 1

I ran the Homebase Database Maintenance option and the client still doesn't appear in my client list.

0 Cheers
Terry53029
Level 14
Level 14

just double click the file in the data base, and it should open. Then see if it shows up in home base view

0 Cheers
kdpedrick
Level 1

I found a go around to missing clients in Homebase even though the data was showing in the data directory. I copied the missing clients data to a flash drive (saving to my computer would not work). I then went to File - Client File Maintenance - Restore.In the Select clients to restore box click on the Set source directory... button and find the drive you saved the missing data to.Then for the Type box click the drop down arrow and pick type of Form you are restoring (such as Form 1040). The data you saved to your flash drive (or other external source) should show the missing data. Select files you want to restore. Towards the bottom of the box is Set target directory should be prefilled with the drive where your data is on your system. Click restore clients, you will get a warning that that data file already exists, click overwrite and it will restore.

0 Cheers