Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MFS for state returns

Highlighted
Level 1

Hi Folks,

Married filing separate state returns... I keep getting an error message that another return is schedule to efile with same social security number even though I went back into PS and changed the ss numbers... Help? How do I take the original Joint federal return and e file separate state reurns please.

Thanks, rob j.

Labels (1)
0 Cheers
3 Replies 3
Highlighted
Level 15
Level 15

Once Fed has been accepted, print out the acknowledgement then open the file and uncheck the EF boxes on the fed info worksheet,  then save and exit, that should take the MFJ return out of EFCenter and get rid of the duplicate SSN message.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
Highlighted
Level 1

Hi Lisa,

Did as instructed; still getting error message another return is marked for electronic filing when I try to file the state returns. I am re-starting the program to see if somehow technology Gods will intervene...

Thank you so far!

warmly, rob

0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 15
Level 15

When you opened the fed return and unchecked the EF boxes, did you switch over to the state return then save and exit?  I think I forgot to put that last part in my original post, sorry. 

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers